To help home owners make their home a safe and comfortable living environment for the long term, many responsive and innovative products are emerging and service providers are focusing their businesses on creating new homes and renovations that provide design flexibility, pleasing aesthetics, high function and usability for all people, without regard to age, income or ability level, and regardless of life’s changes and challenges.
This course enables participants to identify common challenges and understand attractive design concepts that create a safe and comfortable environment for clients who want to age in place (AIP) as well as individuals who have a condition that requires home modifications or equipment.
By completing this course, participants will be able to:
This course is required for the Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) designation.
- Identify special considerations for estimating, scheduling and executing livable home and AIP jobs while the client is in residence.
- Identify legal and contractual considerations for building professionals providing livable home and AIP design solutions for residential clients.
- Describe the categories of design and how they relate and apply to the three AIP market segments.
- Describe specific design concepts for the livable home and AIP client. The course presents various methods and techniques for modifying home design, from the perspective of new construction and retrofitting.
How to earn your CAPS
The CAPS designation program teaches the technical, business management, and customer service skills essential to competing in the fastest growing segment of the residential remodeling industry: home modifications for the aging-in-place.
Students must complete the following courses to earn the CAPS designation:
- Marketing and Communicating with the Aging in Place Client (CAPS I)
- Design Concepts for Livable Homes and Aging in Place (CAPS II)
- Details and Solutions for Livable Homes and Aging in Place (CAPS III)
This training opportunity is underwritten by the Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority.
Presenter: Paul Schwinghammer, Hallmark Homes
Registration will close 10/11/2021