The Certified Green Professional (CGP)™ designation was created to teach building industry professionals strategies for incorporating green building principles into homes using cost-effective and affordable options. Completion of 2 courses is required to earn the CGP designation:
1) Basics of Building
2) Basics of High Performance Building
Basics of High Performance Building
Implementing cost-effective green building techniques into your construction projects requires a whole-house approach to building science. In this course, you will learn how to use green building practices in the construction of a new home, remodel, site development or a multifamily project. With a focus on flexibility, building science basics and cost-effective solutions, the course provides tools for a successful green project and includes a review of the newly revised ICC 700-2020 National Green Building Standard®. This course must be taken in its entirety and is made-up of six modules, each focusing on a different high performance building topic.
By completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Integrate sound building science principles and a whole-house approach into the design, construction and remodeling process;
- Analyze an array of water, resource and energy-efficiency solutions and techniques, as well as indoor environmental quality practices;
- Examine specific practices in each chapter of the ICC 700-2020 National Green Building Standard®; and
- Explore how to market and sell in the expanding green home marketplace.
This training opportunity is underwritten by the Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority.